Is it worth it to apply for UW Sustainable Management program scholarships? Just ask the 38 students who received an average of $1,676 each to put toward their tuition. This spring, the total scholarship amount given out was $63,710.
UW Sustainable Management offers three different scholarships to new and continuing students pursuing a Bachelor of Science:
- An employer match scholarship for new students
- A scholarship for new students who do not have employer match
- A continuing student scholarship that can be earned each semester
Award amounts range from $500 to $2,750 per student. Senior Program Manager Crystal Fey urges all Sustainable Management bachelor’s students to apply. She says, “The amounts are generous and could cover a student’s entire tuition. You can earn multiple awards throughout your time with us, and the process to apply is simple.”
Request InfoGet Program Guide
Download an overview of the bachelor's, master's, or certificate program.
How the Scholarship Program Works
UW Sustainable Management scholarships are available each fall and spring semester, and the deadline to apply is the first day of the semester in September and January. Each scholarship has different requirements, so click here to see details.
One requirement common to all three scholarships is a 500-word essay—roughly, one and a half pages. If you are a new student, you’ll write about how a UW Sustainable Management bachelor’s degree will benefit your career. If you’re a continuing student, you can select from nine different essay topics, including:
- Who or what introduced you to the idea of sustainability?
- Imagine you have time traveled to the year 2050. What does your workplace, community, or the world look like in terms of sustainability?
- What has been the most interesting or rewarding part of your experience in the Sustainable Management program so far?
2017 Spring Scholarship Recipients
|Nadia Daley||UW-River Falls|
|Jayson Burrow||UW-River Falls|
|Matthew Soma||UW-River Falls|
|Rainee Rohrbacher||UW-River Falls|
|Haley Ryan||UW-River Falls|
|Heather Bonner||UW-River Falls|
|Matthew Hoiland||UW-River Falls|
|Briana Wenell||UW-River Falls|