Academic Scholarship in Sustainability
The University of Wisconsin Sustainable Management program offers scholarship opportunities for continuing bachelor’s and master’s degree-seeking students to help pay for their education and recognize academic achievement in the program. Scholarships are awarded during the fall and spring semesters.
New Student Scholarship: If you are a new student in either the bachelor’s or master’s program, please visit the UW Sustainable Management New Student Scholarships page.
- Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Management students must have completed at least two courses and maintained a 2.75 or higher grade point average in the program.
- Master of Science in Sustainable Management students must have completed at least two courses and maintained a 3.0 or higher grade point average in the program.
International students are eligible to apply. Certificate and special students are not eligible for these scholarships.
How to Apply as a Continuing Student
Submit a personal essay (500 words minimum) responding to one of the questions listed below. Applicants will be required to upload their essay with the online scholarship application form.
- What has been the most interesting or rewarding part of your experience in the Sustainable Management program so far and why?
- Pick three of your favorite sustainability-related subject areas. Describe how the Sustainable Management program has increased your understanding of those topics.
- Explain why you chose the Sustainable Management program, and your ultimate career goal after graduation.
- Choose one company or organization and analyze its sustainability efforts. In what ways are the leaders of that organization succeeding in sustainability? What could they do to improve their sustainable strategy?
- Who or what inspires you to be in this program?
- How do you see yourself applying the knowledge and skills you build in this program to the work you do or would like to do in the future?
- Through your actions (professionally or personally) how do you hope to inspire others for a more sustainable future?
Scholarship Application Deadline: January 26, 2021
If you have questions about the scholarship program, please contact Student Services.
Call: 608-800-6753 (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT)