The University of Wisconsin Sustainable Management bachelor’s and master’s programs offer scholarship opportunities to new and continuing degree-seeking students to help pay for their education.
If you are an incoming student in either the bachelor’s or master’s program, please visit the UW Sustainable Management New Student Scholarship page.
To be eligible for the scholarship, students must meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Management degree-seeking student must have completed at least one course and maintained a 2.75 or higher grade point average in the program.
- Master of Science in Sustainable Management degree-seeking student must have completed at least one course and maintained a 3.0 or higher grade point average in the program.
Students may apply for and be awarded the scholarship more than once throughout their time in the program.
Submit a personal essay (500 words minimum) responding to one of the questions listed below.
- What has been the most interesting or rewarding part of your experience in the Sustainable Management program so far and why?
- Pick three of your favorite sustainability-related subject areas. Describe how the Sustainable Management program has increased your understanding of those topics.
- Explain why you chose the Sustainable Management program, and your ultimate career goal after graduation.
- Choose one company or organization and analyze its sustainability efforts. In what ways are the leaders of that organization succeeding in sustainability? What could they do to improve their sustainable strategy?
- Who or what inspires you to be in this program?
- How do you see yourself applying the knowledge and skills you build in this program to the work you do or would like to do in the future?
- Through your actions (professionally or personally) how do you hope to inspire others for a more sustainable future?
Fall Scholarship Application Deadline: September 6, 2022
UW Sustainable Management Scholarships are awarded during the fall and spring semesters, subject to available funding. Scholarship awards are disbursed during the second half of the semester. Certificate and special students are not eligible for these scholarships.
If you have questions about the scholarship program, call 608-800-6753 (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions about UW Sustainable Management online programs? Talk to an enrollment adviser.