The University of Wisconsin Sustainable Management program is connected to a number of professional sustainability organizations as well as industry experts who are part of our Advisory Board. These partnerships allow the bachelor’s, master’s, and certificate programs to stay up to date with sustainable management resources and industry trends.
Sustainable Management Resources
Professional organizations can provide opportunities for mentoring, professional development, networking, career placement, and other resources. Networking, or forming connections with other industry professionals, is essential for professional success. Sustainability professionals are eager to share their experiences with others, so don’t hesitate to reach out to any of the following organizations:
- Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council: Supports businesses and sustainability professionals through an array of programming, education, resources, and tools. The Wisconsin Sustainable Business Council is a catalyst for businesses looking to integrate sustainability into the fabric of their organization, and helps transform business into a force of good in Wisconsin and beyond.
- U.S. Green Building Council: Commits to a sustainable, prosperous future through Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED)—the leading program for green buildings and communities worldwide. The U.S. Green Building Council’s vision is that buildings and communities will regenerate and sustain the health and vitality of all life within a generation. Additionally, its mission is to transform the way buildings and communities are designed, built, and operated—enabling an environmentally and socially responsible, healthy, and prosperous environment that improves the quality of life.
- Sustainable Brands: The premier global community of brand innovators who are shaping the future of commerce worldwide. Since 2006, Sustainable Brands’ goal has been to inspire, engage, and equip business leaders and practitioners who see social and environmental challenges as an essential driver of brand innovation, value creation, and positive impact.
- GreenBiz Group: A media and events company that accelerates the just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify, peer networks that bond, and industry-leading analysis, GreenBiz Group defines markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology, and sustainability. The company is a passionate team that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
- B Corporation: Certified B Corporations are a new kind of business that balances purpose and profit. They are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment. This is a community of leaders driving a global movement of people using business as a force for good.
- International Society of Sustainability Professionals: Works to make sustainability standard practice throughout the world.
- Ecological Society of America: Raises awareness of the importance of ecological science and enhances communication between policy makers and the ecological community.
- Economics for Equity and Environment (E3 Network): Seeks to improve decision making and to further understand the relationship between economy and ecology.
- International Society for Industrial Ecology: Promotes industrial ecology in research, education, industrial practices, and more.
- National Association of Environmental Professionals: An interdisciplinary organization of professionals who strive for excellence in environmental ethics and practices.
- CareerOneStop: An active website that has some great information regarding “green” careers and jobs.
- Sustainable Career Pathways: Provides sustainability career resources for job seekers, students, and professionals.
Sustainable Management Certifications
If you are looking to add specializations to complement your degree, the following certifications are available. Note: the UW Sustainable Management program is not affiliated with any of these programs.
- LEED Green Associate
- LEED Green Accredited Professional (AP)
- International Society of Sustainable Professionals
- WELL AP
The UW Sustainable Management career outlook page has a lot of great information you may find useful as you take your next steps, such as current industry trends, job titles, salaries, and new opportunities.
University of Wisconsin offers online bachelor’s and master’s degrees and certificates in Sustainable Management. Start your journey here.
Have questions about University of Wisconsin Sustainable Management? Contact an enrollment adviser at 1-877-895-3276 or firstname.lastname@example.org.