We are the Future of Sustainability
University of Wisconsin Sustainable Management offers scholarship opportunities for incoming and continuing degree-seeking students in the online bachelor’s and master’s programs.
Since launching the scholarship program in 2011, the UW Sustainable Management program has awarded nearly $1,000,000 to students to help pay for their education and advance the positive impact of sustainability across the world.
The potential for change exists in every industry. Students with a variety of work, education, and life experience have found success in the programs and are making a difference in the world today. Students interested in a career in sustainability are encouraged to apply to the program and submit a scholarship application.
Scholarships are awarded during the fall and spring semesters.
- Bachelor of Science: incoming students are eligible for a Fall 2020 scholarship award up to $2,640, which will cover the tuition cost of two courses. Students enrolling in one course will receive a scholarship award of $1,320 (the tuition cost of one course).
- Master of Science: incoming students are eligible for a Fall 2020 scholarship award of $500.
Spring 2021 scholarship award amounts will be determined in October 2020.
To be eligible for the scholarship students must be admitted to a campus and registered for at least one course in the UW Sustainable Management Bachelor or Master of Science program. International students are eligible for the scholarship. Certificate and special students are not eligible.
Students entering the program during the Summer 2020 semester are eligible to apply for the Fall 2020 scholarship as an incoming student.
How to Apply as an Incoming Student
Scholarship applicants must submit a personal essay responding to all four of the questions listed below. The bachelor’s scholarship applicant essay must be 1,000 words minimum; the master’s scholarship applicant essay must be 500 words minimum. Applicants will be required to upload their essay with the online scholarship application form.
- Explain why you chose UW Sustainable Management.
- Who or what inspires you to be in this sustainability program?
- How do you see yourself applying the knowledge and skills you build in this program to the work you do or would like to do in the future?
- Through your actions (professionally or personally) how do you hope to inspire others for a more sustainable future?
As an incoming student you will also need to submit an application to the program. Please note that the deadline to apply to the degree program is two weeks prior to the first day of the semester.
- Applying to the Bachelor of Science in Sustainable Management
- Applying to the Master of Science in Sustainable Management
Scholarship Application Deadline: September 8, 2020
If you are a continuing student in either the bachelor’s or master’s program, please view the UW Sustainable Management Continuing Student Scholarship page.
Students enter the program with a wide range of work experience and knowledge. Past UW Sustainable Management scholarship recipients and graduates have gone on to become changemakers across a diverse range of sectors, industries, and positions, and are making a difference in the world today. Read their stories.
Scholarship awards are disbursed during the second half of the semester. Students will need to pay their tuition bill in full by the due date for their campus. If they plan to use financial aid, they should submit their financial aid application as soon as possible.
Scholarship awards must be used in the semester in which the award is given and cannot be transferred to a future semester.
Students can apply and receive UW Sustainable Management scholarships multiple times throughout their time in the program, however, the award amount per semester may vary.
If you have questions about the scholarship program, call 608-800-6753 (Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. CT), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have questions about UW Sustainable Management online programs? Talk to an enrollment adviser.